1. Managed to sleep until almost 8:30 this morning! Go me! Been a while since that happened! I guess I’m getting as caught up as I can on my sleep since I’m sort of remembering dreams – or parts of them – when I wake up now. Wasn’t doing that for a while.
2. I have only been out of my pajamas for doing the 30 Day Shred 9workout clothes) and a shower. It’s been kind of nice.
3. Really not liking this First Look book I’m reading through Barnes and Noble’s First Look Club. It’s called The Writing Circle. The story-within-a-story that opens the book I have found far more compelling than the rest of the book. Well, the first 88 pages of the book. The characters are all so stock and flat it’s not funny. I will say that based on my experience with non-class writing groups, the author did at least get the snark level down exactly right. Though we’ve only read 88 pages, it’s beyond 3 chapters…and I can safely say that if I hadn’t committed to reading this thing I would have put it down after the equivalent of chapter 3, which is my standard rule for books. If they don’t grab me by the end of chapter 3 (obviously someone like Dan Brown who writes paragraphs and calls them chapters requires a slightly more liberal use of the rule), I put it down.
4. Now trying to decide if I should buy my plane ticket to Nashville when I get the June 15th paycheck or hold off to see if the rate comes down. I hate airlines in that respect. Because they don’t all refund you the difference – and those that do have all kinds of hoops like flight class (hint: NOT first vs. economy) and stuff. And it seems like invariably if I buy the ticket, the price will go down shortly afterwards (but not within the 24 hour allowable period). If I wait, it will only go up. Gah! Decisions, decisions.
5. Talked with Daddy for a little while this evening. He’s willing to change the Maggie Valley thing in a B&B (he and Mom love them…Hampton Inn is about as B&B as I want to get) to going to Asheville if I want. So now I get to decide if I’d rather go to Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge or Asheville. Or jut hang in Nashville. Again…decisions, decisions.
6. Blech. Back to school tomorrow. There are 20 school days left. One of those is professional development, so teachers only. Two are half-days. The last day is listed as “early-dismissal” for students…I think it usually ends up being a half-day. And pending good weather, Thursday will be a “fun field day”. So…overall not that bad.
7. I need to remember to go to the library tomorrow. There’s a book that’s on reserve through the 2nd – another Florence travel book. 🙂 I like to go before the last day, because they’ve been known to pull books ON the last day of the hold period before the close of business rather than doing it after the doors are closed or first thing the next morning. Annoying!!
8. Still liking the Shred the second time through. Of course, I’m not to level 2 yet. Level 2 = the most horrible of all of them. Seriously. Even Level 3 which should in theory be harder is at least more enjoyable and I don’t feel as much like I’m about to die when I do that one. Hopefully I see similar weight-loss results this time through! But I will be happy with whatever I get. As long as I get SOME.
9. Alrighty…time to do stuff like wash my face, etc. and then get in bed to do some reading (not the First Look thing…something I actually want to read) and then get some sleeps for tomorrow.