1. It’s been a nice, peaceful day here in Brooklyn. Meaning I’ve just been relaxing at home! I like days like this sometimes!!
2. Not that I’ve done nothing. I actually did not one, but TWO rounds of Level 2 of the 30 Day Shred! One in the morning and one in the afternoon. And I’m still standing – well, relatively speaking. I’m half sitting, half laying as I type. But you know what I mean. I’m actually kind of scared at how easily it’s coming to me this time through. I’m still doing everything right and progressing to advanced moves when I can. Maybe I need to get heavier weights? Hmm… It does say up to 5 pounds and I’m using 3s. Food for thought.
3. This morning I was doing some poking around on the website of the realty company we rent from at the beach, just looking at pics of the house where the ‘rents were and stuff. I decided to look through the availability calendar just to see. It’s all yellow for next summer – basically because whoever is in a house for a certain week has first dibs on that house for that equivalent week next year, so those wouldn’t show up yet. BUT he third week in August was in red – the color used for houses reserved. I got excited, but decided to wait until I’d heard from Daddy. Mom called after they stopped for lunch, but they hadn’t let me know if they’d gotten to tonight’s destination, so I called Daddy’s cell. They made it fine. 😛 Just talking with their friends and all. BUT!! He said he had gone up to the realty company offices and talked with the owner’s daughter-in-law (they all know us as we’ve been renting from them for YEARS…like 27 or something crazy like that). Technically they can’t rent it to us for the third week in August next year yet, but she put a note that we had first refusal assuming no one rents it for this year (they haven’t so far) and requests it for the same week next year!! So my guess is that we have it unofficially and it will become official as of August 14th if no one has rented the house for that week. And if they have, I think they have until Thursday of that week to say if they want it again. So there is still a possibility we won’t get it, but it’s probably not a huge possibility. Squee!!!!
4. Yay for learning to say no! One of the former seminarians at church (she’s graduated) messaged me on facebook last night to see if a) I could help out with the kids program this summer and b) if we could sit down so she could pick my brain about Christian Ed. The second isn’t a big deal – like an evening of chatting, so not a big deal. But I really don’t want to be tied down to HAVE to be there more than the two Sundays a month I already am, so I said no to the first part. Not that they aren’t charming children…but I need a break from being in charge of/responsible for kidlets.
5. Now can someone explain this? You are a credit card company. A card holder’s mail is returned to you with some undeliverable at that address marking. Why would you just mark the account to stop the mailing and not bother trying to call said card holder to ask about the address? Apparently that’s what my card company did. I’d thought I was caught up with the whole thing and wasn’t using it, so I didn’t notice that I hadn’t gotten any mailing from them for a while. Well, I was a month or so behind – because of this, so they’re taking that late fee off because I argued my point of “why didn’t you CALL to ask about the address?” apparently successfully – and thy called today. I called them right back (never fear…they probably called my parents’ house as well as they tend to not even give you 5 minutes to call them back) and went through their whole menu (honestly they could not make it harder than they do – just have a friggin “touch 0 to speak to a representative” option from the beginning menu please????) until I finally got to one that gave me a “press 0 to speak to a representative” option. I arranged a payment on the 16th so all is cool. She “unflagged” my account so I’ll get mailings again – but she could not explain WHY no one bothered to call me to find out about the address. My guess as to what happened is that some substitute mail carrier delivered my mail to the address around the corner that’s the same number but different street (We have gotten some for that address here recently) and rather than redeliver it to the correct address when it was put in the mailbox, the post office marked it undeliverable. Or it went into the wrong box at my building and some dumbass marked it “no such person at this address” rather than looking at the APARTMENT NUMBER. But still! I feel accomplished that I was able to convince her to remove the late charge (I have to pay one on the 16th because that will be late, but it’s my only option) since I never got the bill in the first place – and she could see I hadn’t been using the card, so it made sense that I would have not realized I didn’t get one.
6. Watching House on Bravo – not sure what season they’re on…Chase and Cameron are engaged and Amanda is dead but appearing to House – it’s not that bad. But I gotta ask… Has MS replaced Lupus as the go-to diagnosis all of a sudden? This is like the second or third episode where they go to “It’s MS” almost immediately like they used to do with Lupus.
7. It was nice to see a women’s tennis final WITHOUT a Williams in it for once! And bravo Schiavone!!
8. I have a 5-night option for Florence saved on expedia now as well as the 4-night one. Virtually the same price – I just removed one walking tour from the itinerary. I can do a hop-on-hop-off my first day there to get the lay of the land, and then explore on my own. I decided to put the 5-night as an option because in looking through some of the books I’ve gotten, a lot of the things I want to see are closed either every Sunday or the 3rd Sunday and/or on Monday…both of which I would hit with our winter break. So…I can explore things on my own and plan around those IF I have an extra day! Woo!! I can’t wait until I book it!!!!!
9. Alright…I must go work on finishing the section in the novel I’m reading for that Barnes and Noble First Look Club. Still not enjoying this book at all and plan to dump it from the nook as soon as I can. Even if it ends up ok, I am not going to want to wade through the first 100+ pages just to get to the good parts. I’m not talking slow like The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo starts out – each of those stories on there own were intriguing – I just wondered when they were going to come together. This one is just all around annoying. And pretentious in vocabulary – it’s like the author is TRYING to sound intelligent by picking the most obscure word to say something she can. Yuck!